Sunday, November 9, 2008

balliamo molto!

MOST IMPORTANT: I'M SO HAPPY THAT OBAMA WON! THE ENTIRE WORLD IS SO HAPPY THAT OBAMA WON. I no longer feel slightly ashamed claiming my nationality while abroad. 

This weekend was really really fun. I still, in general, don't love Rome that much but meeting other foreigners here makes everything  more exciting.  On Saturday Meg and Patrick and I met up with Phillippe and Thomas, 2 french guys from Provence, that I was in touch with through couchsurfing. Phillippe and Thomas are so much fun and they made fun of our wine and we went to a really great bar and met some people dancing to Oasis outside the Vatican at 4 am. 

Last night we met up with Thomas and Phillippe again and some of the people who danced in front of the Vatican. We went to the same really great bar and then went to a dance club called Rialosantambrogio. It was a huge warehouse-type building with good electronic music and video installations of people putting hot peppers in butts  and it was advertised as "amica della queer" or "friend of the queer."  We danced until 4am then went to the 24 hour bakery and got Pizza Rossa for breakfast and went to bed. 

Today the opera singer Andrea Bocelli  performed for free in Piazza del Popolo so Meg and I went and it was packed with people and was sooooo Italian but I really liked it. Seeing Andrea Bocelli in ROME!!  wonderful. 

my italian is getting a little better. 



probably other exciting stuff happened as well but i forget and now this weekend has made me really tired and happier.

No comments: