Monday, October 13, 2008

Viaggo a firenze!

This weekend I went to Firenze (Florence) with my art history class. I accidentally slept through my alarm and missed the bus ( and our visit to Siena) but took the train with my roommate/bedmate Meg to Firenze and spent the day wandering around and then met up with our class in the evening. Florence was a nice break from Rome. It is really small, maybe the size of Lancaster city, and smelled like leather all over. Despite the hoards of Duane Hansen-esque tourists Florence was really beautiful. I saw most of the important stuff there... Michaelangelo's David, a bunch of stuff by Donatello, the Uffizi Gallery, the Academia, Ponte Vecchio, etc etc. If you want to see pictures of the aformentioned you can look on google because i didn't really take any.

I had really awesome pizza and gelato but things were sort of expensive so we abandoned Tuscan eating after the first day and switched to falafel.  This week is midterms and then on Friday my friend Adam and I are going to ISTANBUL for 10 days. I'm really excited because i've wanted to go there forever. We are couchsurfing and in exchange for staying on Emre's couch he asked us to make a painting of a headboard for him to hang over his bed. I probably won't update this until I get back from Turchia! Here are three pictures from Firenze:


 


I really liked this stencil near Ponte Vecchio. "I'm Dead."

Really bright sun over the jewelery shops at Ponte Vecchio


No comments: