Saturday, October 4, 2008

ciao belli

buongiorno...

Roma still is not my favorite city but I am trying to find more ways to have fun here.

The other night, after unsuccessfully going to a Basquiat opening on Via del Corso,  some friends and I sat at the Piazza del Santa Maria in Trastevere at a fountain. It seems to be a meeting place comparable to Rittenhouse Square. A drunk toothless man told us stories of his life in Italian (and I understood him!). There was some street performers juggling fire and a bride-to-be having her bachelorette party which included making and selling crepes on a small burner and riding around on a rose covered razor scooter. We ended up meeting two italian college students named Marco and Antonio. We stayed up talked to them at the fountain until 3 am and then they helped us take the really slow night bus home. 

It made me happy to finally connect with people who I don't go to school with. 

Last night I tried to go to Circolo Degli Artisti ( a co-op just outside the walls) to go dancing but we got really lost and wandered around and met lots of people which ended up being just as fun as dancing would have been.

Tomorrow I'm going to a wine festival in Murino where there are allegedly fountains of wine for free. 

I am still painting a lot and still really happy to have a studio. I'll post some pictures of stuff I've been making in the very near future.




No comments: