Thursday, October 16, 2008

non amo roma oggi

Today made me dislike Rome, or mostly Romans, a lot.

I think people here are far more rude than any other city i've been to. I think someone has smashed into me at least 4 times today with no apologies. 

Recently my friend fell of his bike and all of his belongings spilled everywhere in the middle of a busy street and no one stopped to help him.

The general public seems so angry here all the time. I feel like Romans hate their lives.

Also our landlord shows up unannounced during the week and proceeds to yell at us for having unmade beds and leaves us mean notes in Italian calling us animals and is generally disrespectful. 

People who are friendly here are difficult to find and hold on to!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I cannot wait to see your thoughts and pictures on Istanbul posted! Please buy me a rug! We are starting to get very excited about coming to see you so start thinking about what we can be doing..and I defintely want to go to Venice even though dad thinks it is too far. We love and miss you lots!!
Mom